What I use for my website and youtube. I only recommend resources that I use myself. No hype, no dribble, just my favorite things that I use all the time.
Important Disclosure, Please Read Before Proceeding:
Some of these are affiliate links. I am proud affiliates for these items and tools. Affiliate links are used for each resource that I am an affiliate of, which means that if you click that link and subsequently make a purchase, I will earn a commission. You pay nothing extra; any commission I earn comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that my recommendations are based on my personal experience and knowledge of these companies. I recommend them to students, entrepreneurs, and creators like you because they are genuinely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I receive if you choose to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
🎥 YouTube Gear
All my YouTube gear.
But, please remember, content is king and gear isn’t everything. Start shooting videos with your phone, use your webcam, be consistent, results will follow.
$4,800 Setup – The setup I am using now.
Camera – Sony a7S III
I’ve drooled over this for a while, so happy to finally have it. It does not disappoint. 4k 120p shooting, minimal overheating, 10-Bit internal, amazing eye autofocus, and a touch screen sold me.
Lens – Sony FE 85mm
Aperture 1.8? FE Sony Mount? 85mm for better talking head/portraits? Yes.
Tripod – Sachtler Ace M System
I am getting a feel for this tripod now, but the ball head is amazing. Much smoother than my other tripod and easily adjustable. Also feels very sturdy.
$1,200 Setup – The setup I started with.
Camera – Sony a6300
Solid 4k video. Reasonable Price. Good photos and interface. This camera has served me well. Throw on a nice prime lens -> ??? -> $$$$
Lens – Sigma 30mm F1.4 Sony E
Love the “Bokeh” here. I wanted a prime sigma lens for a while. When they finally released one for the sony E mount (so I can still autofocus properly) I bought it immediately and have loved every second with it.
Tripod – Sirui T2205X
My main tripod. I also use it to travel with (it’s a beast). The easy adjustability and low weight of it makes it worth it.
Never thought I would be spending this much money on a microphone. But I have been really really really happy with the sound isolation.
Headphones – Bose QC 35 II
Amazing headphones that let me listen to what I record. I use these for traveling, school, everything. Easily one of my most used items.
Audio Interface – Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen)
All you need for two microphones really. Goes right into my computer so I can edit the audio, and with this triple combo the sound is really nice. Like almost feel professional.
Exciting Additional Items
Drone – DJI Mavic Air 2
Gimbal – Zhiyun Weebill S
Crazy Fast Memory Card – Sony 80GB CFexpress Type A
Boring Additional Items
- Normal Memory Card: SanDick 128GB Extreme PRO
- External Drive (I have 5 of these now…): Seagate Backup Plus 5TB (make sure to by the “Plus” the other versions are unbearably slow…)
- Mic Stand: Pyle Heavy Duty
- Audio Mic Cable
- Light: Neewer SL-60W (But I really want the Aperture 120D 🤤)
- Diffuser (Makes the light “softer”): Neewer 48″ Softbox
- Light Stand: Neewer Heavy
- Editing: Final Cut Pro X
- Sound Editing: Logic Pro X
🗃 Website Tools
- Music: I love Epidemic Sound! I use it for all of my videos. Use this link to get 30 days free.
- Personal and Business Security for my iPhone and Computer: NordVPN
- I have been using NordVPN for years, and trust it for internet security and accessing my streaming services when I am abroad. Use the above link to get a 2-year plan plus a bonus gift with a huge discount! It’s risk-free with Nord’s 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Email Marketing: Convertkit
- Web Hosting: WP Engine – This link will get you 3 months free on annual plans.
- I have tried Bluehost, stablehost, and GoDaddy, all are ok. But I don’t want to just be ok. I want to be as professional as possible. My website is my name, it represents me, I am willing to spend the extra money every year for my reputation. I intend to make a post about just how much I love WP Engine; I am spoiled now and never going back to shared hosting.
- Notion (I keep all my notes for my videos and posts here, I will be making a video soon on this…)
I also have a reading list of what I want to read next here.
3 Books That Had the Biggest Impact on Me
When Breath Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi
Productivity (and Life)
Man’s Search for Meaning – Viktor E. Frankl
Business and Marketing
How To Win Friends and Influence People – Dale Carnegie
Favorite Fiction Series
Red Rising – Pierce Brown (All these books are gold!! I used to read them as a reward for finishing a Final Exam)
Terms of Enlistment – Marko Kloos
Mistborn Trilogy – Brandon Sanderson
Other Books I Like
Kitchen Confidential – Anthony Bourdain
Models – Mark Manson
The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook – America’s Test Kitchen (Only book that consistently produces good food, I’ve nearly gone through the entire book)
🩺 Medical School Gear
If you want more in-depth reasoning behind why I use what I use check out this post.
Stethoscope: 3M Littmann Master Cardiology (Black)
Reflex Hammer: MDF Babinski Hammer
Lock – Again any lock will do
IPad Pro – I have an older version, but I love mine.
Pen Light: Infray LED
Safety Goggles: Any one’s that are shatter-proof and with a side guard.
Portable Charger – Anker PowerCore 20100mAh
- Note Taking: Notability
- Flash Card / Spaced Repetition App: ANKI (Check out my reasoning and setup post)
- ToDo list: Thing’s app
🌐 Who I Follow
Websites and People that have inspired me and taught me.